Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Mosque Tour

Yesterday we were going for a tour at the KAUST Mosque. I have never been in a Mosque but I was excited to find out what it would look like. We were met there by a man named Ahmad who was going to be our tour guide. He took us up the steps to the Mosque. We saw a fountain and he said sometimes when its on the ball on top rotates and it looks beautiful and even though the fountain wasn't running it looked beautiful on its own. We came to some doors where we had to take our shoes off because of the carpet in the Mosque and I wasn't a fan of that idea but rules are rules so I did.











He took us inside the doors and this is what it looked like. I was speechless

the design of it was beautiful and majestic. There were so many patterns it was hard to see them all and even cooler it was all made of marble but that was nothing compared to what was inside.




I walked up to the door which was massive, it was so massive Ahmad couldn't even push it wide open. We walked inside and boom, it was huge I felt really puny and it was even more beautiful than outside, the building greeted me with cold air con and there was a lot of room. As soon as we got in Ahmad told us that King Abdullilah came to KAUST in 2010 while the mosque was still in construction and he said that the mosque was going to be the first thing built before the houses before the schools which was quite funny but cool.


We were met by two other people and Ahmad let us take a look around. The first thing I saw were books which Ahmad said were Koran's (type of bible) he said since a lot of muslims are different nationalities they needed different language Koran's for example Portuguese, English or Spanish. Ahmad also told us that these circles with writings are their gods and that every circle has 99 gods written in them. The main reason people come here is to pray and they have to pray 5 times a day well not really but its said on friday they have to pray 5 times with no excuse's, Ahmad said since they're prayers are based on the sun they have a digital clock it tells them they're prayer time based on the sun.

Ahmad asked us if we wanted to see where the women pray when they come here, Yes we replied and he took us out of the building and up the stairs. When we got there it was pretty nice and like downstair's there were heaps of patterns but we weren't there for long and it was time to go. We took some pictures and made our way to the car to go. Overall the mosque is a beautiful place and I wouldn't mind going again.

No comments: