My Hero is Michael Jordan,
Why you ask, Well there are many ways he is but let me start off by giving you
a little of his background.
Michael Jeffery Jordan was
born February 17 1963, In Brooklyn, New York but grew up in Wilmington North
Carolina. Jordan developed a competitive edge at an early
age. He wanted to win every game he played. He attended at the University of
North Carolina in 1981 and soon became an important figure of the schools
basketball team. His team won the NCAA Division I with Jordan scoring the last
point in 1982. Jordan left college after his junior year
to join the NBA. Drafted by the Chicago Bulls, he helped the team make it to
the playoffs. For his efforts there, Jordan received the NBA Rookie of the Year
Award. With five regular-season MVPs and three All-Star MVPs, Jordan became the
most decorated player in the NBA.
That’s just a little of his life and now that you know that I’m going
to give reasons why I chose Michael Jordan as my hero.
1.
Competitiveness
Like myself Michael Jordan is really
competitive like I said before he wanted to win every game he played his father
James Jordan later noted, "What he does have is a competition problem. He
was born with that ... the person he tries to outdo most of the time is
himself." And before I actually learnt about him I didn’t know what to do
with my competitive edge but after I read his biography it kind of made me feel
better knowing there was someone famous out there that wasn’t so different from
me.
2. Humbleness
Unlike me Jordan is humble and that’s something
I have to learn from him. That’s one of the reasons I made him my hero because
even though he’s the best player in the NBA and he won 6 championship rings he
stayed humble and was never cocky.
3. Determination
This is something I think him and I have in
common but I have to prove to you that he is and there are 2 story’s that
proves he is determined. In the 1997 NBA playoffs Michael Jordan played with
the flu and even though he was sick as can be, He lead his team to another
victory. That was how determined he was now here’s another story. In his high
school years, Jordan was cut from his the school basketball team for being a
little too short and that really let him down but he was determined to make it
and got back on top I guess you could say the coach was out of his mind because
look at what he’s accomplished.
Those are all my reasons on how he’s my hero and why I chose
him as my hero.
http://www.biography.com/people/michael-jordan-9358066
http://www.biography.com/people/michael-jordan-9358066
No comments:
Post a Comment